Sunday, September 21, 2008

Second Week at Trek

  This week was mainly about hearing Gods voice. On Monday Tuesday and Wednesday we had sessions about hearing Gods voice through a variety of things such as, Scripture, a Teacher, worship, in our thoughts, dreams etc. From Thursday at 1 pm till Saturday at 1 pm we had a silent retreat. This was a very difficult thing for me to do since I love to talk and being silent for two days to me seemed like it would be pretty boring. This was just a time to quiet down are busy minds and find a quiet place where I could just be with God. The first day I opened the scripture and started studying Romans. I hadn't really herd God speak during the first day. And when I say speak I don't mean this audible voice came down from heaven, things that God just puts on your heart in thoughts, dreams, scriptures things like that. As I shared in my last blog, God spoke to me directly about trust. I was told sometimes we have to go back to the same scripture that it came out of because maybe we didn't listen to what God said the first time. Aka I am still lacking a lot of trust. Even though I kept praying, God I surrender all to you, take everything my life is yours. Apparently I still haven't made that full commitment because when I went back to that scripture I was told Josh, either give me ALL or NOTHING. If your going to trust in me give me all of it, not just little pieces, give me EVERYTHING. A lot of cool things happened on this silent retreat and I am going to admit it was difficult but I also learnt how necessary it is to just get away from people and just sit in silence and be still with God. We see Jesus doing this constantly. He is always going off to be with his father. I love in Mark 1:35-39. What happens in these versus, Jesus goes out to a desolate place and there he prays. My guess is for a very long time because his disciples were looking for him, I love this, Simon is hunting for Jesus, He cant find Him anywhere, eventually he finds him and goes up to Jesus and says "Everyone is looking for you." Almost like shame on you Jesus for making us wait, trying to make Jesus feel guilty... Jesus doesn't have time for Simon and he responds saying "Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also, for that is why I came out."  Anyway, point is Jesus goes off alone to be with his Father, He does it again later on in the gospels. In North America we are always busy, we always have something to do, and if we don't, we have to find something to do. God speaks, in fact God is always speaking. I challenge you like in my last week's blog to just have some quiet time and be still with God. Not for two days but maybe just an hour out of your day. God is really opening my eyes to alot of things. Even today while I was at church, I just had a thought about the church, this is totally random but I looked around during church just at people worshipping. I was just thinking how frustrated God must be with this scene. How many people do you think are in that church service singing these songs to God but once they walk out of those doors its peace out God I'm doing my own thing. It really broke me down and kinda got me frustrated almost like God is bringing me in closer to what He See's. This week on wednesday we get our countries assigned to us. Either Brazil, Thailand or Germany. I am really excited to see where God places me and who He sending me with. Gods moving, Gods working in amazing ways and I am really excited to see what He has in store in these upcoming weeks. 

Represent Jesus Christ 3-6-5.

2 comments:

elizabeth anne said...

josh that's really awesome.
i'm stoked for you.

Valeria. said...

Josh, I'm so excited for you!! Your blog is amaziiiing. 'ALL or NOTIHNG' really spoke to me because its something I've been thinking about lately as well.
I'm praying for you and I can't wait to hear where God's gonna send you!