Monday, November 3, 2008

Thailand

 So I arrived to Thailand yesterday at about 2:30 pm in Thailand, which is 11:30 pm in Vancouver. Jet leg is deffinetly in affect. As soon as we stepped out, we felt that hot air. Its a different kind of heat here, I kind of like it, but it is extremely hot. It is still kind of surreal that we are here but these last two days have been awesome.
 Yesterday, we got to Chonburi, than went straight to church at the life centre. That was interesting, we just got off a 22 hour plane ride and it was about 4 pm in Thailand about 2 am our time. We were pretty tired. It was sweet though, we got to see the break dancers, they are so good. We met a guy named Bank, he was sweet, he taught us some moves. I found out I really do not have the body for it, it just will not bend that way and I have no rhythm. After church and getting to know the people there we went to our rooms and past rite out.
 Day 2. This is was an awesome day. We had breakfast than went and got foot massages. Dave Sinclair who is our missionary here, part of Team 2000, he told us we have to get foot massages and go to the beach today. So we did. We got foot massages and this was the highlight of my day. I had never laughed so hard in a long time. We were speaking with these ladies giving us the massages, finding out how to say words and stuff. They were laughing really hard at I think me and calebs hair on our legs, cause we are so hairy? I think I dunno. This one thing happened where I was trying to say I dont understand in Thai. Well I ended up saying I love you. As a joke she closed the curtain and I freaked out and then we all started laughing really hard, it was really funny. Anyway, the massage was amazing, but the best part was just having fun with these ladies we had never met, it was awesome. Later that day, we met this sweet girl named Uh Oh. Now if you are wondering why these people have names like this it is because when they are young or born not to sure, but there parents give them nickly names and you call them that for the rest of there life. It is kind of cool. So we met Bank, Uh Oh, Wow and Art. And this other guy briefly named Odd. Uh Oh showed us around a bit. We went to Monkey Hill, where we saw tons of monkeys which was cool cause I had never seen a wild monkey before. I also realized they have tons of wild dogs, that just wonder around. After that we went to the beach. Man that was awesome, the ocean was so warm. It was beautiful, I loved it. We also ended up going to the night market, expierienced some Thai culture it was alot of fun. Yah I am really tired, so I am going to bed, just thought I would give you all a little update of what my first days in Thailand were like.

Josh

1 comment:

Valeria. said...

JOSH THATS AMAZING! Getting the massages sounds so sweet, I can just picture you guys all laughing and everything.
Aw, I'm so happy you updated your blog. I love reading them. I hope everyone is doing great!
Keep posting!