Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 29

 Man, this morning was a great morning. Our team, and Brazil woke up at 6 30 this morning to go to a prayer meeting, with the elderly people at Central heights church. Amazing people, than after they took us to A & W for breakfest. It was just amazing to connect with people who have gone through life, they are in there 70's-even 90's. They had amazing stories and they just loved on us. I got to pray with them as well. There is something special when older generations and younger generations can just come together to praise God. Just through talking and praying. It was a really cool morning. 

 I know I said my last update would be the last one till I am in Thailand but God has helped me realize something. If you read my very first blog, I talked about how I was walking and these versus of Luke came to mind I had herd earlier that day. 
 Luke 12 verse 24 and Jesus is talking and says "Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than birds!" Then later in verse 28 Jesus says "But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith." 
 That day was one of my most memorable days on my training. God had never spoken to me so clearly before. For me that message was clear, that I needed to put my trust in God. 
 Then the second week of Trek training, God spoke to me again on the silent retreat. I went back to that scripture in Luke from the first week, I was told Josh, either give me ALL or NOTHING. If your going to trust in me give me all of it, not just little pieces, give me EVERYTHING, SURRENDER TO ME.
 Now 6 weeks later, I have found myself having to put all my trust in Him. I am going to be going on a plane in 2 days, to a country that I am unfamiliar with, don't know how to speak the language, don't know fully what I will be doing, all I know is I am going on a plane on Saturday Morning. And Brazil team, well they don't even know when there going to leave or what they will be doing in the next month. The only real thing I can do, is put my trust in my father, that He has control and his way is good. Now if you connect the two, surrendering and trusting. Well in order to surrender, you have to trust. How can you surrender your all to someone if you don't trust that person. And the opposite, if you trust, than you have to surrender because if you aren't surrendering you are obviously not trusting. That is the theme for me in the last two months, TRUST and SURRENDER. 
 

1 comment:

Valeria. said...

Josh, I can't wait to hear of your arrival in Thailand! It sucks that I left before you got back when I came to visit Kenzi, but I'm gonna follow your blog the whole time you're away!
Its 1:27 am right now, November 1st and YOU and the THAILAND TEAM are on a plane RIGHT NOWWW ON THE WAY TO THAILAND! When you read this you'll be in Thailand taking in all that will be your home for the next 7 monthes, HOW EXCITING!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your first impressions and all about how God is working in your life and all the things he's gonna be doing through the team.
You and the team are always in my prayers.
Waiting for the next blog,
Val.