Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Week of Trek Training- Prayer

 map_thailand_ip.gifIt is now October 25th and we are heading out in about 6 days. Time has flown by from the day I was thinking about doing Trek until now and I cant believe it has come this fast. To be honest it still has not hit me, I don't really feel like I am going anywhere. If you guys could just pray for our team as well as Team Germany, Team India and Team Brazil. Now team Brazil really needs a lot of prayer rite now. As of 2 days ago there Visas got rejected. They tried pleading to them at the Brazil embacy in Vancouver but would not budge. The most likely to happen is that they leave early December. The reason being, a tourist Visa for Brazil has a maximum of 6 months. We trust that this is in God's hand and he is doing something in this. God does not operate under time, this just goes to show that we have no control over what happens it is all in the hands of God. 
 I am really excited to see what God has in store for me in Thailand. Pray that God would essentially wreck me. I don't mean physically, I mean spiritually. Humility, strength because it is going to get hard and there are going to be times where I don't want to go anymore this is where I need God's strength to help me and not rely on my own. If I rely on my own strength then things aren't going to go to well. For our team. This is huge, we want to be a solid team so nothing can get in between us because were are going to have a lot of things thrown at us and we need to stay strong in order to cary out our ministry. As well for Thailand, pray for the country that God will truly be shown. It already is, God is doing some cool things in Thailand. In fact Thailand has gone from only 0.5 % Christian to 1.5 % Christian in the last few years which is awesome. God is in charge of this team, so whatever his will is for us pray that it will be done. Thanks so much for your prayers, it is truly needed. Next time I write in this blog will be in Thailand most likely. You are all more than welcome to attend the commisioning service, which is being held at CBC Chapel, On Thursday October 30 at 7 pm untill about 9 pm. Remember, I am only going to another country to share God's love on others because I was called there. You are all doing the same thing but in Vancouver. 

Love you all, God bless

Joshua Olsen

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi Josh....I am your Mom's childhood friend, Cathy...we were babies together and each others very first best friend. We reconnected through facebook and I am so blessed to have her back in my life....I just wanted to say that I am committing myself to pray for you now and while you are in Thailand. Your Mom has invited me to your send-off on Thursday at CBC, so I will be able to meet you personally then. God Bless! Love Cathy Brama